Taipei Saturday hike, tea, and beef noodles

I signed up the weekend Huang Di Dian (皇帝殿) or the "Emperors Palace" Meetup hike for myself and my old friend Xavier without realizing it involves a lot of rock scrambling which I resent most. I ended up only climbed the east peak while Xavier did West peak as well. My running shoes have lost most of its limited traction during my trips in New Zealand and Australia thus made the hike more challenging for me. The views from the East Peak are great but a bit scary when standing on top of the ridge and walking towards the edge. 

We then visited Xavier's friend in Ping-Lin at his small farm to chat over tea. Ping-Lin 坪林 has is renowned for producing Pouchong tea. His friend kindly toured us the neighborhood and gave me a bag of organic vegetables to take home.

We then visited my classmates Candice Lin and Stanley Tseng In 北投 and had dinner at the famous Kingbeef noodles 金春發 favored by the boss of Foxcoom (富士康郭台銘). Very good beef noodle and beef soup, yet a little pricy. We forgot to take group photo so I only post the dishes photo.















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch Near Taipei Botanical Garden.

New Zealand & Australia in 2 months

Met My Croatia travelmate in suburb Sydney