All you can take Ferry rides on Sunday

I took advantage Sydney public transit all you can ride Sunday at $2.42 and finished three trips in one day. My 1st stop was Cockatoo Island, a UNESCO World-Heritage and National Heritage Listed island, situated right in the middle of beautiful Sydney Harbour. Cockatoo Island was a shipbuilding yard and Commonwealth naval base and also a convict island. I wondered around the sites with interpretive signs, and saw some luxury tents on the camping site for booking. 

After Cockatoo Island, I randomly hopped on a ferry to from Sydney Olympic Park, then another ferry to historic Parramatta, the second oldest European settlement on the Australian mainland and the preferred home of governors and the privileged free settlers in the early years of the colony. It has six colonial settlement landmarks in the early to mid 1800's, such as Old Government House (also an UNESCO site), and Elizabeth Farm. However, the two sites were far apart and I did not know some train stations were close on Sunday, so I ended up walked a lot more than I planned to.

My last stop was Manly. Manly has eighteen ocean beaches, coves and inlets used for swimming, sailing and surfing. Manly also has a huge range of shopping, dining and entertainment attractions to keep all ages and interests occupied.  Manly reminds me of a layback Colombian beach town and wish I could stay overnight the hostel to enjoy the beach party tonight and snocol the next day, on top of the sunset, costal walks. The return ferry ride offered great Sydney night views.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch Near Taipei Botanical Garden.

New Zealand & Australia in 2 months

Met My Croatia travelmate in suburb Sydney