Day 2 in Canberra

Day 2 in Canberra: The streets were pretty empty on Easter Friday, supermarkets were closed; but fortunately most museums in Canberra were open. I walked across the city via Australian National University to reach the Australian National Botanic Gardens by 9:30 am when the air was cooler, and hiked up the black mountain (812 meters) to check out the Telstra Tower. I then rushed down to the gardens for one hour guided walk to get good ideas on different plants in different regions of Australia, including the red rock desert in Uluru where I will have a 10-day tour with three other people since 3/31. It was quite amazing how they mimic the weather of other regions inside the gardens to keep the plants alive.

I went back to the hostel for a lunch break because I was very hot as tired for the morning 10 km walk. 

It was a pity that the Royal Australian Mint was close today, but I walked 45 minutes to see the new and old Parliament houses which were full of interesting collections and exhibits. I had no energy left to walk to Australian War Monomial so just went back to the hostel to soak in the pool then ate dinner. Wish Philips and his corp-loaned new BMW were still here. Too bad he had to go back to Melbourne. I was very lucky to find him as my 4-day travel mate from Melbourne to Canberra.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch Near Taipei Botanical Garden.

New Zealand & Australia in 2 months

Met My Croatia travelmate in suburb Sydney